Mark Zinder

Mark Zinder

Leading financial expert, trend forecaster, and seasoned keynote speaker.

Talking Points: September 23, 2019

September 23, 2019

Since 2001, the 61 Political Action Committees raised $349.3 million- but rather than donating it, they spent $344.3 million of it on telemarketing and direct mail fundraising. Tampa Bay Times, September 12, 2019

The average market return in the fourth year of a presidential term is twice that of the return in the first year of that president’s term. The Atlantic, September 20, 2019

If you wake up on a Casper mattress, hail a Lyft to get to your desk at WeWork, use DoorDash to order lunch to the office, hail another Lyft home, and have Uber Eats bring you dinner, you have spent your entire day interacting with companies that will collectively lose nearly $13 billion this year. The Atlantic, September 20, 2019

According to Otis Elevator Company, as many as 85% of the high-rises in the world don’t have a 13th floor. MorningBrew, September 13, 2019

The three largest cities in the U.S. are seeing a slow exodus. New York City has an average net of 277 people leave every day, Los Angeles sees 201 people split town, and Chicago loses an average of 161 residents each day. Bloomberg, August 29, 2019

The average private-label store brand is 20% cheaper than the name brand. When one retailer made a 60% cheaper battery, consumers assumed they were junk, so the store ended up reducing the price by only 25% and saw a sevenfold increase in sales. The Atlantic, September 6, 2019

In the 1970’s, after signing a new contract and receiving a bonus, Philadelphia Phillies relief pitcher Tug McGraw was asked what he was going to do with the money and he replied, “I’ll spend 90% on good times, women and Irish Whiskey. The other 10%, I’ll probably waste.” Tug McGraw

Never miss another Talking Points. Sign up here.

Share this on:

Financial Advisor’s Coaching Course

Search Posts By Keyword

Subscribe to our mailing list

Recent Talking Points

    Your Cart
    Your cart is empty