Mark Zinder

Mark Zinder

Leading financial expert, trend forecaster, and seasoned keynote speaker.

Talking Points: Stocks, Finance, Funds

Stocks, Finance, Funds

December 26, 2018 marked a historic day- more than 500 stocks in the S&P 500 finished positive (that’s not an error: there are currently 505 stocks in the S&P 500), and 99.8% of them were up on Dec. 26. The one single company that dropped last Wednesday was Newmont Mining Corporation. Bloomberg, December26, 2018

The January Barometer, developed by Yale Hirsch in 1972, states: as the S&P 500 goes in January, so goes the year. The indicator has registered only nine major errors since 1950, for an 86.8% accuracy ratio. Stock Trader’s Almanac, 2019

“Finance is the art of passing money from hand to hand until it finally disappears.” Robert Sarnoff

From 1926 through 2015, only 4% of listed stocks were responsible for the overall net gain of the U.S. market. The other 96% collectively matched one-month Treasury bills over their lifetimes. ThinkAdvisor, August 21, 2017

A case before the Supreme court has enormous implications for the state of Oklahoma. A murder case has courts realizing that Congress never explicitly disestablished the Creek Nation’s reservation in the years leading up to Oklahoma’s statehood in 1907. Half of the state — some 44 counties and municipal jurisdictions of Oklahoma — are, in fact, under tribal jurisdiction. The New Republic, November 28, 2018

The Norwegian sovereign wealth fund, with assets of more than $1 trillion, invests the nation’s oil and gas windfall. This means that a country of 5.3 million people owns 1.4% of all global equities.Bloomberg, December 16, 2018

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did.” Mark Twain

Never miss another Talking Points. Sign up here

Share this on:

Financial Advisor’s Coaching Course

Search Posts By Keyword

Subscribe to our mailing list

Recent Talking Points

    Your Cart
    Your cart is empty